REGULATIONS FOR THE PROVISION OF TRANSLATION
AND INTERPRETATION SERVICES
“BIRETA – PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATIONS ARETA KEMPIŃSKA & JOANNA WOŹNIAKOWSKA s.c.”
- These Regulations (hereinafter referred to as “Regulations”) specify rules of provision of services for the benefit of Clients within the scope of translation and interpretation by “Bireta – Professional Translations, Kempińska & Woźniakowska s.c.” (hereinafter referred to as “BIRETA s.c.”), as well as rights and obligations of the Parties to the agreement on the provision of ordered translations.
- BIRETA s.c. provides services of translation and interpretation upon receipt of a written order.
- Agreement on the provision of translation is concluded upon delivery to BIRETA s.c. of a written acceptance of estimated service quote, hereinafter referred to as “Quote”, in accordance with a specimen constituting Appendix No 1 hereto. Written acceptance of the Quote obtained by the Client shall be referred to as the “Order”. The Order shall be delivered to BIRETA s.c. personally, by post, by courier, via e-mail or by fax.
- The Client shall send documents for translation to the following address, fax number or e-mail address:
Bireta – Professional Translations Kempińska & Woźniakowska s.c.
fax: +48 22 648 10 89
- BIRETA s.c. is obliged to confirm receipt of documents for translation and agree with the Client on the date and estimated costs for the provision of translation services in the form of a Quote, sent to the Client via e-mail or fax to the address or number specified by the Client. In case of a payable Quote of the costs of website translation, BIRETA s.c. shall prepare and send the Quote only after written acceptance of its preparation costs by the Client.
- BIRETA s.c. undertakes to supply the completed translation by post or e-mail to the address previously specified by the Client.
- Cancellation of an Order for translation service must be made in writing and delivered to BIRETA s.c. personally, by post, courier, via e-mail or by fax.
- In case of cancellation of an Order for translation, the Client shall be charged with costs resulting directly from the amount of text translated until the receipt of Order cancellation by BIRETA s.c. The Client may not cancel an Order on the last day of its completion. The Client shall obtain the prepared and verified part of the translation within 24 hours of the date of receipt of Order cancellation by BIRETA s.c.
- The Client orders interpretation services via telephone or in writing to the following address, fax number or e-mail address:
Bireta – Professional Translations Kempińska & Woźniakowska s.c.
fax: +48 22 648 10 89
- BIRETA s.c. is obliged to agree with the Client on the date and estimated costs for the provision of interpretation services in the form of a Quote, sent to the Client via e-mail or fax to the address or number specified by the Client.
- Cancellation of an Order for interpretation services must be made in writing and delivered to BIRETA s.c. personally, by post, courier, via e-mail or by fax.
- Should the Client cancel an Order for interpretation within 2 hours of placing the Order, the Client shall not be charged with any additional costs. If an Order is cancelled not later than 72 hours prior to the planned commencement of interpretation, the Client shall be charged with 50% of the whole price of interpretation. If an Order is cancelled after that period but not later than 24 hours prior to the planned commencement of interpretation, the Client shall be charged with 80% of the whole price of interpretation. Should an Order be cancelled later than 24 hours prior to the planned commencement of interpretation, the Client shall be charged with 100% of the whole price of interpretation. If the interpretation is rendered outside Warsaw, the Client is obliged to cover 100% of costs, if applicable.
- Change of date of the provision of interpretation services by a period exceeding 30 calendar days shall entail cancellation of the Order, and application of the provisions of item 4 of this section.
- The Client is obliged to pay remuneration in accordance with an invoice. Invoices shall be issued upon the completion of an Order by BIRETA s.c.
- First orders require a 50% deposit of estimated translation costs.
- Payments shall be made in the form of bank transfer to the bank account of BIRETA s.c. specified on an invoice, within 14 days of the day of the invoice issuance, while BIRETA s.c. is obliged to send the invoice by regular or overnight mail to the address specified by the Client, not later than within 3 business days of the day of its issuance. The date of payment shall be the day of crediting the account of BIRETA s.c. with a particular amount.
- Any liability of BIRETA Professional Translation towards the Client shall be limited to the amount of the net remuneration for translation/interpretation with respect to which the damage occurred.
- BIRETA s.c. and all persons providing translation or interpretation services on its behalf undertake to keep confidential all translated texts and interpreted statements, as well as materials and information received from the Client.
- At the Client’s request, BIRETA s.c. is obliged to return all materials and documents received from the Client.
- Acceptance of a Written Translation by the Client shall take place upon its final approval by the Client, however, not later than within 7 days after the Written Translation has been submitted to the Client by the Contractor for acceptance, subject to clause 8 below.
- Within 7 days after the Written Translation has been submitted to the Client by the Contractor for acceptance, the Client may report defects specifying for the Contractor a period for their elimination. As a consequence, the time of acceptance of the Written Translation shall be subject to appropriate extension. Should the defects be not reported within the period specified in the clause 7, the Written Translation is deemed to be accepted by the Client.
- The Client undertakes not to employ translators / interpreters working for BIRETA s.c. within a six-month (6) period of the completion of the last Order commissioned by the Client.
- The following Appendices constitute an integral part of these Regulations:
- Appendix No 1. Quote specimen.
- All prices in the presented quotes and offers are net prices and shall be increased by VAT (23%).
- The provisions of the Civil Code shall apply to any matters not regulated hereby.
1. 1. The minimum translation Order is one (1) standard page.
1.2. One (1) standard page of translation equals 1,500 characters, including spaces, in MS Word (measurement made to an accuracy of half page), counted in the translated document.
1.3. One (1) standard page of certified translation equals 1,125 characters, including spaces, in MS Word (measurement made to an accuracy of one full page), counted in the translated document.
1.4. Proofreading of documents translated by BIRETA s.c. is charged at 50% of the translation cost of one (1) standard page. Translations made outside BIRETA s.c. are not subject to proofreading and shall be treated as new orders.
1.5. Translations made on the same day as the day the Order is placed are considered Super express translations.
1.6. Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays as well as, in the lowest modes, the day on which the order is placed and the day on which the translation is handed over are not counted towards the translation period.
1.7. An extra charge in the amount of 10% is applied in case of translations made from Friday to Saturday or Sunday.
1.8. In case of a translation quote for developed website services, the cost of such a service is PLN 100.00 net. The paid amount shall be returned to the Client upon commissioning the evaluated translation.
2.1. The minimum Order is a four-hour (4) interpretation block. Each first and second interpretation block commenced is counted as a full block. Each ninth and subsequent hour of commenced interpretation during one day are treated as full hours.
2.2. If interpretation services are provided outside Warsaw, the Client is obliged to cover costs of transportation, accommodation and food as well as 50% of the interpretation rate for each commenced hour of travel.
2.3. Should the interpretation services be provided on a Saturday, the standard interpretation rate is increased by 50%.
2.4. Should the interpretation services be provided on a Sunday or bank holiday, the standard interpretation rate is increased by 100%.
2.5. Should interpretation services be provided for a period exceeding 8 hours per day, the price for each extra hour shall be increased by 50% in relation to the hourly rate charged on that day.